Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally! I have real internet!

Alright, my internet is finally fixed (no thanks to Vodafone) and now it's down to business. I've got masses of pictures that have been piling up over the past few weeks, so I had to upgrade my Flickr account.

The new apartment is very nice, but living all by myself is something I'm not sure I'll ever really get used to. To make a long, whiney story short, I don't like it. But that's not really what this post is about.

For obvious security-related reasons, I'm not posting up pictures of the outside of my apartment building. You'll all just have to see it when you come visit me. Also, I took these pictures a couple weeks ago, and I've made some decorating changes since then, but you get the general idea. I'll show you around inside. Come on in...

This is what you see as you come in the door. Straight ahead is the bathroom, to the left is the sitting room/office/dining room/kitchen, and around the corner is the bedroom.

new apartment 001

Here's the sitting room...

new apartment 002

And the rest of it... (the bookshelf wasn't made yet)

new apartment 003

Here's the beginnings of the bookshelf

new apartment 004

Ta-da! It's still standing today! Even with books on it! I'm amazing.

new apartment 027

Here's the office area. I <3 my computer. Don't worry, that tacky vase of styrofoam fruit was one of the first things to go.

new apartment 005

Here's the dining room area.

new apartment 006

This my ninja kitchen. There are appliances hiding in there, you just can't see them. They're like ninjas.

new apartment 007

Where's the fridge?

new apartment 008

Surprise! Ninja fridge!

new apartment 009

Where's the washing machine?

new apartment 010

Surprise! Ninja washing machine!

new apartment 011

This is the ninja dishwasher, but I didn't take a picture of it because it was on at the time. However, I'll never use it again becuase it's a piece of crap and doesn't actually wash the dishes.

new apartment 012

This is my super awesome tea set. I <3 it. Except that the teapot doesn't so much pour the tea...it's more like it spits the tea. Or throws it. It kind of goes everywhere no matter how carefully you pour it. Oh well, as long as it looks pretty. I also have two mugs that match it. I keep meaning to go get two more.

new apartment 014

Here's the bathroom. The tub is huge

new apartment 018

Here's some more of the bathroom. I'm thinking of getting an aloe plant to put on that windowsill.

new apartment 019

And the bathroom again.

new apartment 020

Into the bedroom! I got these little plastic drawers to keep my stuff organized.

new apartment 021

My awesome giant closets. I finally got a chest of drawers to put in there, but I haven't taken a picture yet. It fits pretty damn perfectly though.

new apartment 026

I <3 my new bed linens.

new apartment 024

I also love this big shelf/windowsill above my bed. I've since removed the stupid fake plant and put a real one there. Hooray!

new apartment 029

So there you have it. This is where I live now. I'll try to make another blog post later with pictures of the Sunday farmers market that I go to every week, and the pictures from when Kalen and I climbed up Dalkey Hill. But now I need to go make some supper before knitting.

3 comments:

Jane said...

your place is beautiful and SO tidy. does paper not accumulate and multiply in Ireland?

aniexma said...

Hey! I don't see any photos of me on your shelf!

emerald_away said...

It was tidy for the photos. It's not so tidy at the moment. I really need to do dishes.
And Mum, there are no photos of you on my shelf because you don't usually let people take your picture, so I don't even think I own a photo of you.