Sunday, February 8, 2009

WTF?: A documentary on messed up Irish weather.

The weather here needs to make up its mind. For serious.

It's been snowing here lately. Not usually enough to actually stick on the ground, but enough to make people freak out about the "blizzards". It makes me laugh.

Check it out though, it was snowing out my back window. Sure looks like a blizzard, doesn't it? BAHAHAHA.

Dublin February 012

And then we have the weather today...

I woke up this morning, and there was a good 2 inches or so of snow on the ground. I took this picture at 10:30 this morning out the back window...

Dublin February 031

That poor tropical plant. I don't understand how it's still alive.

Dublin February 032

And this is what it looked like out the front window at 10:30 in the morning...

Dublin February 034

Snowtacular. Wasn't that cold though. It was hovering around 0 to 3 degrees-ish.

These next pictures were taken at 2:30 in the afternoon. Only 4 hours later.

Out the back...

Dublin February 035

And out the front...

Dublin February 038

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures, but in between these two pictures, there was a rain storm. Come on, Ireland! Make up your mind! What season is it?

Insanity.

Lucky for me, I completed some mittens a couple weeks ago to keep my fingers warm during this strange, strange weather. I knit them with Mirasol Miski. Awesome yarn. Made from baby llamas. Soooo soft. Scrummy!

mittens3

The colour is even nicer than the photo lets on. Deep blue with flecks of jade. Pretty pretty. I'm currently working on a matching hat, but I need to pick up some size 7 DPNs, if I ever remember. It's not like I don't also have 1000 other projects on the go, as usual.

I need to get back in the habit of taking pictures and blogging more regularly. But I suppose first I'll have to get back in the habit of doing things that are interesting enough to take pictures of.

4 comments:

aniexma said...

Great mittens - love those buttons!

Your weather looks adorable - I think you've forgotten all about Winnipeg.

Jane said...

love the weather! love the mittens! love the tropical plant OUTSIDE!!!!!

Happy Friday the 13th. So far I've unpicked the second sleeve of Thea's sweater twice (10 rows each time). The bread isn't rising. Then I left it in the oven a bit too long. I hope Valentine's day will be a BETTER.

Jane said...

day! arghhhh

emerald_away said...

@ Mum: Adorable? You think this weather is adorable?? Do you realize how difficult it is to get dressed in the morning when the season changes every 2 hours? Blarg.

@ Jane: I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrating Friday the 13th. I hope the rest of your weekend was better!