Thursday, September 11, 2008

Still Looking

Mum left me this morning, so now I'm here on my own, and soon I'll be off into the great big world all by myself really and for true.
I've moved in with Tom and Carol now, and they're pretty much the nicest people ever. Srsly. Carol came with me today to see a small one-bedroom house that was for rent in the area. I'm considering it, though there are some aspects that are putting me off. For one, it's not really on a street, so the only access (without walking through the landlady's garden) is down a lane that's just off the main road. The lane isn't paved, it's all dirt, so it would be extremely muddy in the rain, which is most of the time. Also, there are no street lights in the lane, so it would be very very dark at night. The house itself has security lights, but I'm just not sure how safe I would feel walking through the lane at night. Just saying is all. The other thing putting me off about the house is the fact that the bedroom and only bathroom are upstairs. If you can classify this as stairs. It's more like a winding staircase of ladders. Quite treacherous. Yikes! The kitchen appliances were sort of old, but looked like they work just fine. The bed is massive (king size). The furniture is mostly ugly, though that's not really a huge issue at this point. It does include a television and DVD player, which none of the other ones I've seen so far have had. I've got appointments to view two more apartments tomorrow, both of which were reccomended by the letting agent. Maybe I'll like one of those ones. Hopefully. I would really like to have a real address.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Interesting....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find something nice (ummmm okay just acceptable).

How's the knitting? How's the chocolate?

Anonymous said...

I'm just giving you a heads up, I deactivated my facebook account, I didn't delete you. I'll email you from now on. Miss you! *hugs* Good luck with the apartment hunting!!

aniexma said...

Hey Elly! Mum here, home and exhausted. Hold out for a nice place, Tom and Carol's will do for now. You'll see, things will all be good soon.